Thursday, August 9, 2007

Effectiveness vs. Efficiency

I just turned 50 (a few minutes ago in fact), so it's time to make my first posting to this blog. I've spent the last few days reading books and articles on how to better manage your time and life in anticipation of this event. It's clear that one of the most important things to do to achieve success is not to focus on becoming more efficient, but to become more effective. Effectiveness means selecting the best task to do from all the possibilities available and then doing it the best way. Making the right choices about how you’ll use your time is more important than doing efficiently whatever job happens to be around.

Obviously being more effective means setting the right goals, having a reasonable plan to actually achieve them, and realistically pursuing that plan. That's what I plan to discuss in more detail in my next append.

1 comment:

Mj said...

don't forget your family and to smile. Mj