Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Life Transformations - Health

Continuing with the theme of establishing a set of new habits and goals during this new year period, the next topic up is general health. I’ve done well this past year on hitting some of the big themes: regular doctor checkups, not smoking, wearing my seat belt in a car, etc. My diet was covered in another post, so here’s what I have left to work on this coming year:

  • Average at least 7 hours of sleep per day
  • Take a daily vitamin supplement and fish oil capsule
  • Exercise at least 4 times a week
  • Jog a total of at least 500 miles during the year
  • Minimize caffeine intake. Drink no more than one small cup of coffee per day.
  • Maintain a positive and grateful attitude (to be covered more in another post)

I once took a test on improving my life expectancy, and to my surprise the single biggest factor I could improve on is driving less. In principle that should be one of my health goals too, but I just don’t know how to set a specific actionable goal on that given my current uncertainty over future unemployment plans. It's something to keep in mind though.

No comments: