Monday, March 21, 2011

What to focus on when life gets choppy

I recently read about a person who was having trouble with the daily turmoil of his life. He said that eventually he found guidance from a daily devotion, which “was about a guy who was a sailor. One of his buddies came along, they were in choppy waters, and the guy was throwing up. He was told, stop looking at the waves, find a point on the horizon. And he did this and it worked."

Note: This turns out to be from a story told by Gov. Scott Walker of Wisconsin. While I strongly disagree with many of his actions, nevertheless I can see some wisdom in this comment from him.

1 comment:

R W Rawles said...

I'm a sailor. When I have a buddy along who says he's feeling sea sick. The first thing I do is give him the wheel. Once he feels in control of the boat, he starts feeling better. Way better.