Tuesday, December 30, 2008

What would a transformed life look like?

Recently I was talking about a life transformation with a good friend who asked me a very helpful question: "What does a transformed life look like to you - what is your vision of an end goal?" I've been giving this a fair amount of thought lately. While I don't have a complete description yet, I think I can list some of the high level aspects of what such a transformation might end up producing. This is a highly personal list and I wouldn't expect it to be the same for any other person contemplating similar changes, but here's what I came up with.

Some aspects of a transformed life
  • Permanently put behind me all the anger and frustrations of the past
  • Inner changes in how I see the world, and how I see myself
  • Started on an exponential growth in both understanding and making contributions
  • Develop a much clearer understanding of what to do and what not to do with my life
  • Simplify other aspects of my life in order to become radically more effective
  • Change my habits and daily schedule to better promote these goals
  • Have my discretionary schedule and finances reflect my values and priorities
  • Have my decisions based on compassion, and never on anger, resentment, fear, greed, or pride.

More details to follow.

No comments: